Friends, in the time of the internet, most people use Android phones. In this too you must have heard many times what is the latest Android version. So friends, in today’s article, I am going to give you information about all these Android versions. You will also be able to know the name of the latest Android version as well and would like to tell you, friends, that every version of Android comes with a new feature and Google definitely brings something new to this Android. Which people like very much, friends, everyone waiting for the new coming version of Android. Because people like it so much.
What is Android?
Android is an (OS) operating system based on Linux. Android is Developed primarily for touch screen devices such as Tablet Smartphones and laptop computers. These days Android is the most widely used (OS) operating system. Android is software that was developed in Palo Alto of California in 2003. All Android version names.
The android is a Strong (OS) operating system and it supports all Applications in Smartphones and tablets. The android is an open source operating system that means anyone can use it free.
History of Android
All Android Versions History is Interesting to Know.
The code names of Android all versions currently, such as Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo, and Pie. Let’s understand the android all versions history in sequence.
- The Starting Andy Rubin develops Android in Palo Alto in October 2003 in California, United States.
- Google acquired Android Company on 17 August 2005, then Android is the subsidiary of Google Incorporation.
- Android is the surname of Andy Rubin given by coworkers because of his love for robots.
- Google announces the development of an Android (OS) Operating System in 2007.
- HTC launched its first Android mobile in 2008.
- Android is a Linux based open source operating system, it can be developed by anyone Easy access to android apps
- You can replace the battery and mass storage, disk drive and UDB option
- Its supports all Google services
- The operating system is able to inform you of a new SMS and Emails or latest updates.
It supports Multitasking
- Android phone can also function as a router to share internet
- It’s free to customize
- Can install a modified ROM
- It supports 2D and 3D graphics
Android All Versions Names and Their Launching Date
|S. No.||Android Versions||Name||Launch Date|
|7||Android 4.0-4.0.4||Ice Cream Sandwich||18-Oct-11|
|8||Android 4.1-4.3.1||Jelly Bean||9-Jul-12|
Android Versions Details
Android Version 1.0 Alpha: 1.0 Alpha is the first Android version launched by Android. Which was released on 23 December 2008.
Android Version 1.1 Beta: 1.1 Beta version was released on 9 February 2009. In this the feature of saving attachments of the Messenger was added.
Android Version 1.5 Cupcake: 1.5 Cupcake was released on 27 April 2009. Inside this you have the facility of Text Navigation was added.
Android Version 1.6 Donut: 1.6 Donut was released on 15 September 2009. In which the option of Speak Text means that you could write text by speaking.
Android Version 2.0–2.1 Eclair: 2.1 Eclair was released on 26 October 2009. In this (Bluetooth) the option of Bluetooth was seen for the first time. Apart from this, the option of camera flash and zooming was added.
Android Version 2.2 – 2.2.3 Froyo: 2.2.3 Froyo was released on 20 May 2010. In this version, you were given the option of clean and optimized.
Android Version 2.3 – 2.3.7 Gingerbread: 2.3.7 Gingerbread was released on 6 December 2010. The option of Skype was added, inside which one could call for each other.
Android Version 3.0 – 3.2.6 Honeycomb: 3.2.6 Honeycomb was launched on 22 February 2011. Which came first in the tablet.
Android Version 4.0 – 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich: 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich was launched on 18 October 2011. This version Ice-cream Sandwich was designed for mobiles.
Android Version 4.1 – 4.3.1 Jelly Bean: 4.3.1 Jelly Bean was released on 9 July 2012. The option of Smart Touch was seen in this.
Android Version 4.4 – 4.4.4 Kitkat: 4.4.4 Kitkat was launched on 31 October 2013. In this, many more features like HD +, Emoji were added.
Android Version 5.0 – 5.1.1 Lollipo
5.1.1 Lollipop was released on 12 November 2014. Which was named Lollipop. In this, Colorful Interface and Multitasking Option and the option to see Notifications in the Home Screen it was given.
Android Version 6.0–6.0 Marshmallow: 6.0 Marshmallow was released on 5 October 2015. In this, Google setting was given in one place along with Good Security. And the option of Cut & Paste was given.
Android Version 7.0 Nougat: 7.0 Nougat was launched on 22 October 2016. Also 7.1.0 – 7.1.2 Version was released on 4 October 2016.
Android Version 8.0–8.1 Oreo: 8.0–8.1 Oreo was released on 5 December 2017. Earlier it could be used in only a few devices. Later it was made available for all SmartPhone.
Android Version 9.0 Pie: 9.0 Pie was launched on 6 August 2018. If you have a Pixel SmartPhone, then you can easily use all the updates.
Android Version 10 (Q): Android 10 was earlier known as Q. It was launched on 3 September 2019.
What is iOS?
What is Android?
What is Android?
- Android is a mobile operating system based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open-source software, designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
History of Android
- Android began in 2003 as a project of the American technology company Android Inc., to develop an operating system for digital cameras. In 2004 the project changed to become an operating system for smartphones. Android Inc., was bought by the American search engine company Google Inc., in 2005.
Future Scope of Android
- The scope for Android development in future will be increasing as apps are more efficient and easier to use their growth is increasing exponentially. you just need to learn how to use the android studio and android coding, which is freely available by Google itself.
Advantages of Google Android
- Croma Android is an open-source platform allowing UI customization. Supports cloud storage, enabling sync of devices with the G-account. Continual improvement & removal of old features. Supports 3rd party widget & information display on screen. Supports running multiple apps simultaneously.
Android vs iOS
- Android is now the world’s most commonly used smartphone platform and is used by many different phone manufacturers. iOS is only used on Apple devices, such as the iPhone.