Hello friends, today through this article we will tell you about Google Meet. What is Google Meet? Why do we use Google Meet? What are the benefits of using it? What is the history of Google Meet? Will tell you all this in detail. If you want to know about Google Meet, then stay connected with us in this article.
In the last few days, all the colleges and companies were closed due to Corona. At that time the government had imposed a lockdown. During the lockdown, people were also stopped from going out of their houses. So at the same time many apps for online education were launched in the market. So since that time Google Meet is a software for very famous online classes. It is made by Google itself.
Through Google Meet, we can easily do online classes and meetings sitting at home. For this, it is not necessary for us to go to college or go to company. Sitting at home, we can easily do our meeting with everyone.
To join classes or meetings on Google Meet, you must have a smartphone or laptop. Along with this, a Gmail account and internet is also necessary. If that’s all you got. So you can easily take classes sitting at home through Google Meet or can also hold meetings in the company.
What is Google Meet App?
Google Meet is a Video Conferencing App, through which you can interact with people. Video calling or video conferencing is done via Google Meet, you can hold online meetings, take online classes, and can also make personal use of it by making live video calls with your friends or family.
This is a commercial version of Google Hangout, which was developed especially keeping in mind the enterprise customers and schools etc. But the way people stopped meeting each other during the lockdown and companies and schools were also closed, people were left with only online support for communication.
In such a situation, Video Conferencing Apps like Google Meet have been used tremendously by people. Although earlier it was developed keeping only the business segment in mind, where it was part of the G Suit Plan, that is, you had to take the G Suit Plan to use it.
Also, Read This: What is Google Search Console and Its Features?
Then Google released its free version for Gmail users, in which users could add 100 participants to the video call and there was no time limit. Later, changing its use again, Google set a time limit of 60 minutes on video calls.
But in view of the increasing use of Google Meet after the Lockdown and the need of the people, at present Google has made it absolutely free till June 2021 for the common Gmail user. During this, you can take advantage of the 24-hour Google Meet video calling facility.
History of Google Meet
Google formally launched Google Meet on 9 March 2017. At that time only 30 people could participate in the meeting through Google Meet. Initially, it was made keeping only the business in mind. Google Meet was launched as Web App, Android App, and IOS App.
During the COVID-19 epidemic and lockdown in the year 2020, the use of Google Meet suddenly increased a lot and this application proved to be a boon for businesses and schools during this epidemic. At the same time, Google made Google Meet free for meetings of up to 100 people. In April 2020, more than 200 million people were using Google Meet daily.
What is the Purpose of Google Meet?
Google company has added this feature because, in today’s time, the demand for video conference platforms is increasing day by day. There is no end to the epidemic, people are connecting with each other through video calls while sitting at home. There is a lot of demand for it in professional work, but apart from this, there are many areas where it is being used. As people are not able to go to the wedding due to the lockdown, fewer members are being called. In such a situation, people are adding their relatives and including them in the program through video conference. Apart from this, all religious places are also closed. Now churches are also being set up online through video conferencing.
How to Use Google Meet
Using Google Meet is very easy. You can easily use the Google Meet conferencing platform by following the steps mentioned below. Google Meet can be used on smartphones, laptops, and desktops.
How to Use Google Meet on Laptop & Desktop
- You have to log in with your Gmail Account by typing https://Meet.Google.Com/ this link on the web browser. Here you do not need to install any software, rather it is directly used through a web browser.
- Now you will be logged into Google Meet. Here you will see a tab of setting on the top right side. By clicking this, check the settings of your Microphone and Camera that they are working properly, and then go back.
- On the front page of Google Meet, you will see two options New Meeting and Enter A Code. If you have to participate in any meeting taking place, then type the received code in place of Enter A Code, and join the meeting. But if you want to start a new meeting, then you have to click on New Meeting. Now click on the option of Start An Instant Meeting from Pop Up.
- Now you will see the message Meeting Ready, and there, by clicking on the option of Add Others, you have to share the link to join the video call by choosing the email ID of your Contacts from whom you want to make a video call.
How to Use Google Meet on Smartphone
- You have to go to Play Store and download Google Meet App and install it on your phone.
- Now you will be asked for a login account, then choose the Gmail account with which you want to log in and log in.
- After this, you will be asked for access to the device’s Camera and Microphone, so here you have to click on Continue.
- Now you will see two options New Meeting and Join A Meeting, so here if you want to start a new meeting, click on New Meeting, whereas if you want to be a part of an ongoing meeting, then click on the Join A Meeting option. Join by entering the code of the meeting.
- In this way, you can use the Google Meet Conference Platform.
Google Meet Features
By the way, Google Meet provides many facilities to its users such as
- You can call a meeting as many times as you want
- It works on all types of devices
- Dazzling skin for video and audio
- Customizable layout and screen settings
- Control features for the meeting host
- Skin sharing for meeting participants, etc.
Talking about the new feature of Google Meet, there is a facility to view live captions during the meeting, in which you can follow the meeting in real time with the help of automated live captions running with the help of Google’s voice recognition technology.
Also, Read This: What is SEO? Type and Key Factors of SEO
To enable this feature, you click on the 3 dots appearing on the screen of the meeting, this will show you the option for subtitles, but this feature is available only in English.
Premium Features of Google Meet
Google Meet’s free plan is the best for an individual. But if you want to use Google Meet for business, school, etc. meetings, then you can subscribe to G-Suit and take advantage of more Google Meet services.
The price of G-Suite is 10$ per month for one user. Following are some additional features available in the subscription of Google Meet –
- You can add up to 250 people to a meeting.
- Meetings can be held 24 hours.
- You can do live streaming of an event with a maximum of 1 lakh viewers in your domain.
- You can save the recording of the meeting in Google Drive.
- Support is provided to you by the Google Meet team 24/7 in many languages.
- Better security is provided as compared to the free plan.
Benefits of Google Meet
There are many advantages of Google Meet, some of its advantages are as follows –
- There are many Advance Features in the free version of Google Meet which are sufficient for an Individual. If needed, you can increase its feature by taking a subscription to G-Suite.
- Google Meet filters out background noise.
- Any user can easily create a meeting and join the meeting through a link or code.
- There is two-way communication so that viewers can ask their questions in real time.
- The Meeting Organizer has the right to control all the people in the meeting.
- You do not need any other software to use Google Meet.
- The security of Google Meet is also of a very high level.
- You can save the recording of the meeting in your Google Drive.
Disadvantages of Google Meet
Along with the advantages of Google Meet, there are also some disadvantages –
- More features are not available in the free version of Google Meet, such as video recording, 24-hour meetings, etc.
- You can only see up to 16 people on one screen at a time
- Excessive use of Google Meet can sometimes cause a decrease in the performance of your system.
Friends, I hope that by reading this article of ours, you must have got complete information about Google Meet. Apart from this, if you want to know more about Google Meet. So you can ask us by commenting in the comment section. If you have got the right information by reading our article. So do not forget to share this article of ours with your friends. Stay connected with us to read such informative articles. Thank you very much for reading our article