Hello friends, today through this article, we are going to tell you about the Fastag. What is Fastag? What are the benefits of Fastag? Why should we use it? When was Fastag started in India? What types of Fastag are. All this will be explained in detail in the article. If you want to know about Fastag. So stay connected with us.
People who have their own vehicles or run someone else’s vehicles. All of them will definitely be aware of the fastag. If you do not know about Fasttrack. So do read this article of ours
What is FASTag?
Fastag is a type of digital technology, by which the payment of toll plazas becomes online. Earlier, cash payment was taken by the National Highway on the toll plaza. In which he had to face a lot of troubles. But Fastag was launched in India on 4 November 2014.
It pays directly through the toll owner to pay the toll from the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. The Fastag is affixed to the vehicle’s windscreen. As soon as it comes close to the scanner of the toll plaza, online payment is made immediately.
You do not even need to stop there. You can also buy the Fastag from official banks, if it is connected to your prepaid account, you need a recharge or top-up. According to the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), cashback offers of up to 7.5% are also made to promote Fastag.
How FASTag Works
Fastag is a prepaid recharging tag for toll plaza collection, which is pasted on the windscreen of the vehicle. As mentioned above, it acts with the help of radio frequency identification (RFID). When you cross any toll plaza, and your vehicle falls into the range of the toll plaza sensor, your toll plaza pays automatically from a linked bank account or prepaid wallet.
Also, Read This: What is Google Search Console and Its Features?
When your wallet ends the money, you have to recharge Fastag again. Fastag is valid from the date of release for the next 5 years. When you have completed 5 years, you have to install a new Fastag on the windscreen of your vehicle. Apart from this, the recharge that you do in your Fastag wallet has no period of any kind, this balance is always active in your account.
Full Form of FASTag
The full name of Fastag is Electronic Toll Collection System, known as Fasttag. Which is operated by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
Fastag in Different Vehicles
- There is a Fastag of orange color for small business vehicles.
- If you have a private car (private car), then there is a Purple color Fastag.
- Black-colored Fastag is used for machinery vehicles.
- Fastag of green and yellow is used for 2-axle and 3-axle vehicles respectively.
- For 4,5 and 6-axle vehicles, pink Fastag is used and sky Fastag for 7-axle vehicles is used.
Benefits of FASTag
1. Get Rid of Traffic
The National Highways Authority of India has relieved drivers from traffic jams by connecting the toll plaza with a fast tag. Earlier there were a lot of problems due to a lack of open money at the toll plaza. Because of this, there was a long line. But now due to the Fastag, all these problems have been freed.
2. Petrol and Diesel Savings
Vehicle drivers have also seen savings in petrol and diesel with the Fastag facility. Earlier, the vehicle started in a long line and started moving forward. Due to this a lot of petrol and diesel was spent. But due to the facility of Fastag, there has been a lot of savings in petrol and diesel.
3. Fastag Cashback Facility
Fastag has been giving good cashback to its customers from the beginning. Initially paying up to 10% cashback was available on payment from Fastag. However, now it has come down to 2.5 %. But still, if you pay from Fastag, you get cashback.
4. Information by SMS of Payment
When you do your vehicle from a toll plaza, your vehicle is paid with a Fastag on the windscreen. As soon as the fee is deducted from your account, an SMS comes to your registered mobile number, which contains all the information related to payment.
5. Better Facility to Local People
Some villages are near the National Highway. Those who have to go to the toll plaza every day. In such a situation, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has all such villages which fall under 20 km of the National Highway. Monthly pass facility for them. For this, local people have to pay Rs 275 once a month. For this, local people can make a monthly pass by showing their Aadhaar card or voter ID.
What are the Types of Fastags?
On the basis of the Fastag issuer, there are two types of its type, the first of which is NHAI TAG and the second is Bank Specific Tag which is provided by the bank.
On the basis of Vehicle Classification, it has been divided into seven different colors and the Fastags of all different colors are allocated for different types of trains like:-
- The Fastag of Violet Color is released for Private Car.
- The Fastag of Orange Color is released for Small Commercial vehicles.
- Green color Fastag is released for 2 Axle vehicles.
- The fastening of the Yellow Color is released for 3 Axle vehicles.
- Pink color Fastag is released for 4,5,6 Axle vehicles.
- A fastening of Sky Blue Color is released for 7 Axle vehicles.
- Black color Fastag is released for Machinery Vehicle (Ex. JCB Machine).
Fastag has been launched by the Ministry of Road Transport, Government of India to get rid of long jams in the roads and collect the toll through electronic mediums. This Fastag technology was launched by the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program. Its main objective is to collect the country’s toll electronically. This scheme (IHML) has been implemented by Indian Highway Management Limited. The payment system behind this is the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) which is running NPCI.
Fastag Recharge Bank List
Fastag is associated with many banks, with which you can recharge the Fastag. However, there is a question for some people, what is the Fastag recharge? Let us tell you that the amount deposited for the toll taxi in Fastag is called Fastag recharge. You can recharge in Fastag through your credit card, debit card, and net banking. The Fastag is at least a recharge of Rs 100, you can get a Fastag account by going to the toll plaza or agency inside your point of sale (POS), or you can get a sticker. When you open your Fastag account, you find the following documents – a vehicle registration certificate (RC), a passport-size photo, an Aadhaar card, or any ID on which your home address.
The List of Some Live Bank Members Related to Fastag is as follows –
- Allahabad bank
- AU Small Finance Bank
- Axis Bank Ltd
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara bank
- Central Bank of India
- City Union Bank Ltd
- Equitas small finance bank
- Federal bank
- Fino Payments Bank
- Hdfc bank
- Icici bank
- IDBI Bank
- IDFC First Bank
- Indusind bank
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank
- Karur Vysya bank
- Kotak Mahindra bank
- Nagpur nagarik sahakari bank
- Paytm bank
Where to Buy Fastag
Some people still do not know where the Fastag will be found where. You have to buy a Fastag, for this, you can visit any near toll plaza in your city. If you have to take the documents mentioned above. Such as – the vehicle registration, one of its IDs, and a passport-size photo. By taking all these documents, you can buy by going to any bank, some banks are as follows – SBI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Kotak Bank, Paytm Bank, and some e-commerce platforms are also included in this… From where you can get the online Fastag online?
Also, Read This: What is SEO? Type and Key Factors of SEO
How to Recharge Fastag Online
When your Fastag account ends with money, you have to recharge it. But if your Fastag is not linked with the bank, how do you recharge online in Fastag? For this, you can recharge your Fastag with an online payment gateway.
How to Recharge Online from Google Pay
- First of all, you have to open Google Pay Application on your smartphone. You will be asked for a security pin given by you.
- After this, you have to click on the New button. Here some options will come front of you. You click on UPI and big further.
- Then a tab of pay to will open on the page that will open in front of you. Where you will click on UPI ID to pay you. Here you have to enter your UPI ID.
- After this, you will come to the front of a verifying button, on which you have to click. When you click on this button, an option for bank payment will open in front of you.
- Here you select your existing bank to pay. After this, click on the payment button. Here you have to put as much money as you want to recharge in the Fastag.
- If you are making an online payment for the first time, then you should send 1 rupee for the bank testing. When a rupee sent by you goes to your account, only then pay the full. After payment, an SMS will come to your Fastag registered mobile number, in which you will get all the information related to recharge.
How to Recharge Fastag from Phone Pay
- First of all, you have to open the phone pay app on your smartphone.
- After this, you have to click on Bank / UPI ID. Then you will get a + plus button on the right side.
- By clicking on this button, you have to select the UPI option. Here you have to enter the UPI ID created by the registered phone number of your Fastag.
- After entering your UPI ID, you can recharge by adding as much amount as you want to recharge here.
- Apart from this, you can also recharge your Fastag with Phone Pay by the bank.
When Did Fastag Start in India
Fastag in India was launched on 4 November 2014. Joe was initially placed on the toll plaza of Ahmedabad and Mumbai Highway. After this, it was slowly installed throughout India. Currently, you can pay with the help of Fastag on most toll plazas.
How to Apply Online for Fastag
If you have any vehicle or car, or truck, then you must know about applying Fastag Online. Because now it is very important to have a Fastag in every vehicle. So let’s know how to apply online for Fastag –
- First of all, you have to get an application form by visiting the official website of Fastag official website of Fastag. Click to get the application form
- Let us tell you that before the Fastag application form leaves, you choose your bank so that you want to take a Fastag. When you want to choose the bank, a new tab opens in front of you.
- You can apply online for Fastag by filling in all the correct information sought in this new tab.
- When you come to this page, you will appear in front of you a link to a Fastag, on which you have to click.
- Here you will see a small disclaimer, which you will do and click on the button.
- When you click on it, the new form in front of you will open again. Here you have to fill in all the information related to your vehicle, apart from this, some documents have to be attached.
- After filling in all the information and documents, in the end, you have to submit it, after that, all the information will come in front of you, and how you will get a Fastag.
- Also, the bank you selected, the bank will prepare a slip in your name and give it to you. Through this, you can link your Fastag card with your bank.
- I hope you have understood how Fastag Apply Online is done.
What is the Fastag of Zero Balance?
Zero balance Fastag is the Fastag in which no recharge is done. The vehicle on which it is installed. The Fastag of that vehicle does not require a recharge. Whereas it is necessary for the general public to recharge in Fastag. So let’s know, which people get zero balance Fastag.
People Using Zero Balance Fastag
People using zero-balance Fastag are usually MLAs and Parliament leaders. They are given zero balance Fastag for two vehicles by the National Highway Authority of India. In one is for the parliamentary constituency and the other for the capital Delhi. Apart from this, the list of some more people is as follows, which use zero balance Fastag –
- President of India
- Vice -president
- Prime Minister
- Chief Justice of India
- Speaker of Lok Sabha
- Cabinet Minister
- Chief Minister
- Chief Justice of the High Court
- Secretary to Government of India
- Water Thal, and Air Force Chief
- State government chief
How Does a Zero Balance Fastag?
To get a zero balance Fastag, you have to go to the official website of NHAI, after that you have to apply here. After examining all your documents, NHAI zeroed it by itself. If you are not worthy, you cannot get zero balance Fastag.
Fastag Customer Care Number
When you go to make a Fastag card for your vehicle, you may face some trouble. For which you can call the Fastag helpline number. You must be wondering where the Fastag customer care number will be found. Let me tell you that you can go to its official website and dial any number from the list of helpline numbers. 91-011-25074100 & 25074200, www.nhai.gov.in
Friends hope, by reading this article of ours, you people will have got complete information about the fast tag. If you have got the correct information by reading this article of ours. So do not forget to share this article with your friends. Stay connected with us to read such informative articles. Thank you very much for reading our article!