WTC Final Day 3: The play of the third day of the World Test Championship final being played between India and New Zealand ended. Starting the day, Team India scored 217 runs in the first innings. In reply, New Zealand’s team scored 101 runs for the loss of 2 wickets till the end of the game. In this sense, the Indian team still has a lead of 116 runs.
New Zealand captain Kane Williamson 12 and Ross Taylor are unbeaten without opening an account. Devon Conway scored 54 and Tom Latham scored 30 runs. Spinner Ravichandran Ashwin and pacer Ishant Sharma took 1-1 wickets for Team India.
See Here: Trending Songs
Devon Conway scored 54 and Ishant Sharma was bowled out. Shami took his catch. Conway has become the first player to score a fifty in the WTC Finals. This is Conway’s second fifty, playing the third Test of his career. Conway has become the second Kiwi player after his debut to score 50+ scores in the first innings of 3 consecutive Tests. He has equaled Dean Bravanley. WTC Final Day 3.
New Zealand’s Strong Start in the First Innings
- New Zealand got off to a strong start in the first innings. Openers Tom Latham and Devon Conway played 34.2 overs and added 70 runs.
- Even Team India tried spinner Ashwin apart from Ishant, Bumrah and Shami, but could not get any success.
- After this, New Zealand got the first blow on the score of 70. Ashwin got Latham out caught by Kohli. Latham could score 30 runs.
Read Here: Latest Sports News
- Ashwin has made Latham a victim for the 5th time in Tests. While Captain Williamson has also been sent to the pavilion 5 times before this match.
- New Zealand got the second blow on the score of 101. Ishant gets Devon Conway caught out. Conway was playing with a fifty.
- From here the game was stopped due to bad light. However, the day’s time was also almost over, due to which the stumps were made.
Kohli and Rahane Miss Out on Fifty
On the third day, the Indian team started playing ahead of 146 runs for the loss of 3 wickets. After this the team lost 7 wickets in making 71 runs. Captain Virat Kohli scored 44 and vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane scored 49 runs. Rohit Sharma 34, Shubman Gill 28, Ravichandran Ashwin scored 22 runs.
Jameson Took 5 Wickets for the 5th Time
New Zealand’s fast bowling all-rounder Kyle Jameson took 5 wickets for the 5th time in his Test career. He made Rohit, Virat, Rishabh Pant, Ishant and Bumrah the victims. While Neil Wagner and Trent Boult took 2-2 wickets. A breakthrough for Team Saudi.
Kohli’s Bad Luck in DRS
As a batsman, Kohli has used DRS (Decision Review System) 17 times in Tests against the decision of the umpire after being dismissed. In this, he has been able to get life only 2 times. 5 times the decision of the umpire was considered correct. Whereas 10 times it has happened that the result has come against Kohli.
In the current match too, Kohli used DRS after being given LBW off Jameson’s ball. However, it was seen in the review that the ball was touching the stumps. In such a situation, the umpire’s decision was considered correct and Kohli had to return to the pavilion.
Prize to the Winner
The team that becomes the champion will get a prize money of $ 1.6 million (about Rs 11.71 crore). At the same time, $ 8 lakh (about Rs 5.85 crore) will be given to the team that loses in the final. The champion team will get the prize money as well as the Test Championship mace.