Team India’s Historic Win: Team India created history by winning the Brisbane Test on Tuesday. Chasing their biggest 328-run target in Australia, India batted in ODI style and won the series 2–1. Earlier, India had scored the highest target of 233 runs in the 2003 Adelaide Test.
Exactly a month ago, on 19 December, India suffered a crushing defeat in the first Test. In that Test, the team was all out for 36 runs. Today, on January 19, the team won the series. India has won this in such a situation, when captain Virat Kohli had gone to the Paternity Leave and 7 players of the team had been injected.
Read Here: Latest Technology News
Shubman, Pujara and Pant Handled the Innings
On the last day, the team needed 324 runs to win in 100 overs. The start was not good. India first wicket fell for 18 runs, when Rohit Sharma was dismissed for 7 by Pat Cummins. After that, Shubman was dismissed for 91 off 146 balls.
Read Here: Business News
Despite being injured, Pujara scored 56 runs in 211 balls to preserve his wicket for a long time. He faced several bouncers. His helmet was also damaged. He was eventually dismissed by Australian fast bowler Pat Cummins. Rishabh Pant (89) stayed till the end. Pant was adjudged Man of the Match. Cummins was the man of the series with 21 wickets in 4 matches of the series. Team India’s Historic Win at Gabba.
Three Turning Points of the Match
1. 123-run Partnership Between Sundar-Shardul in the First Innings
In response to Australia’s 369 runs, Team India lost 6 wickets for 186 runs in the first innings. After this, Shardul Thakur and Washington Sundar shared a record 123 runs for the 7th wicket. With this India could score 336 runs. If this partnership was not there, Australia could have got a lead of more runs than 33.
2. 114-run Partnership Between Shubman and Pujara in the Second Innings
After getting the target of 328 runs, Shubman partnered 114 runs on 240 balls with Pujara. From here on, the Indian innings recovered and the batsmen got a chance to play fast.
Read Here: Latest Sports News
3. Scored 6.4 in The Last 10 Overs.
When Team India was chasing the target, it lost 2 wickets for 132 runs. The team needed 196 runs to win in 52 overs. From here, captain Ajinkya Rahane started the innings. He scored 24 runs off 22 balls. Put a six and a four. Pant, who came in at number 5 above Mayank, stayed till the end. pant scored an unbeaten innings of 89 runs. He was supported by Washington Sundar, who scored 22 runs. He was voted man of the match.
BCCI Gave 5 Crore Bonus, Modi Congratulated
The BCCI announced a bonus of Rs 5 crore for Team India on this win. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Narendra Modi also congratulated the Indian team through social media. He said, “We are all very happy with the Indian cricket team’s victory in Australia. The players’ special energy and passion was seen throughout.
Australia Lost in Third Consecutive Test Series
- Team India last defeated Australia 3–1 in their home in 2018. It was the team’s first Test series win in Australia. It is now India’s second Test series win in Australia. India has so far lost 8 out of 13 series in Australia, won 2 and played 3 draws.
- The Indian team has defeated Australia in the third consecutive Border-Gavaskar series. Earlier the team won the Border-Gavaskar Trophy played in India in 2017 and Australia in 2018.
- Border-Gavaskar series have been played between India and Australia since 1996. India has won or retained 10 of 16 trophies so far. Australia has captured only 5 series.