Mithali Raj Completed 10000 Runs: Mithali Raj, captain of the Indian women’s ODI team, achieved another record in the third ODI against South Africa. She has become the second woman in the world and the first woman cricketer in India to complete 10000 runs in international cricket. Mithali made this record as soon as she completed 35 against South Africa on Friday.
Read Here: Latest Sports News
Mithali has scored 10,001 runs at an average of 46.73 in his career so far. Prior to Mithali, former England captain Charlett Edwards has made this record. Charlett has 10,273 runs in international cricket. She is just 272 runs behind breaking his record.
Mithali Has the Most Runs in ODIs
Mithali has scored 6974 runs in 212 ODIs at an average of 50.53. She is also the highest run-scorer in this format. At the same time, he has 2364 runs in 89 T20 matches. Whereas, Mithali has scored 663 runs in 10 Tests. Mithali has 75 fifties and 8 centuries in international cricket. Mithali Raj Completed 10000 Runs.
See Here: Trending Songs
Mithali has amassed a record 75 half-centuries and eight centuries in her career. Of these, he has scored 54 half-centuries and seven centuries in ODIs. In Tests, he scored the only century (214 runs) against England at Totten in 2002.
In this match, he shared a 77-run partnership with Poonam Raut for the third wicket. Both took India out of a tricky score of 64/2. South Africa won the toss and invited India to bat first.
Charlett Retired from All Types of Games in 2017
Former England legend Charlett retired from all formats of cricket in September 2017. She is the second highest run-scorer after Mithali in ODIs. Charlett had scored 5,992 runs in 191 ODIs, 2,605 runs in 95 T20s and 1,676 runs in 23 Tests.
Three Women Cricketers Ahead of Mithali in Tests
Mithali is India’s highest run-scorer in ODIs and T20s. Whereas, three cricketers have scored more than them in Tests. These include Sandhya Aggarwal (1,110 runs), Shanta Rangaswamy (750 runs) and Shubhangi Kulkarni (700 runs).
Read Here: Latest Technical Updates
Mithali is the Only Female Cricketer to Play 200+ ODIs
- Mithali also holds the record for the highest number of 212 ODIs in the world. She is the only female cricketer to play 200+ ODIs.
- He is followed by Jhulan Goswami (183), Anjum Chopra (127), Amita Sharma (116) and Harmanpreet (100).
- Mithali made her ODI debut against Ireland on 26 June 1999. In this match, he scored an unbeaten 114 runs innings.
The Longest ODI Cricketer After Sachin
- Mithali is also the second cricketer in the world to play ODI for the longest time (21 years 254 days).
- Sachin Tendulkar is ahead of Mithali, whose ODI career is 22 years, 91 days.
- Mithali has overtaken Sri Lanka’s Sanath Jayasuriya. Jayasuriya’s ODI career was 21 years, 184 days.