Lucknow vs Bangalore Live: In the 31st match of IPL 2022, Royal Challengers Bangalore defeated Lucknow Super Giants by 18 runs. There was a target of 182 runs in front of Lucknow, in response to which the team could score only 163 runs for the loss of 8 wickets and lost the match. Krunal Pandya top scored with 42 runs. Hazlewood took 4 wickets in RCB’s victory.
This was RCB’s 5th win in 7 matches. So far the team has lost only 2 matches. At the same time, this is Lucknow’s third defeat in 7 matches. KL Rahul’s captaincy team has won 4 matches.
Earlier, batting after losing the toss, Royal Challengers Bangalore scored 181 for the loss of 6 wickets in 20 overs. Captain Faf du Plessis played the highest innings of 96 runs. Jason Holder and Dushmantha Chamira took 2 wickets each for LSG.
Jose Hazlewood played a big role in RCB’s victory. The Australian fast bowler took 4 wickets in 4 overs while bowling excellently. He dismissed Quinton de Kock (3), Manish Pandey (6), Ayush Badoni (13) and Marcus Stoinis. In the 19th over of Lucknow’s innings, Jose took 1 wicket for just 3 runs.
Rahul Out on Review
KL Rahul was dismissed for 30 off 24 balls by Harshal Patel. On the last ball of the 8th over, there was a slight appeal for a keeper catch against Rahul. However, the umpire refused to give out. RCB took the review. In the ultra edge, it was seen that the ball had gone to the keeper after hitting the bat and Rahul returned to the pavilion after getting out. Lucknow vs Bangalore.
Holder Good Bowling
Jason Holder bowled amazingly for LSG in this match. He took 2 wickets giving only 25 runs in 4 overs. He took the wickets of Suyash Prabhudesai (10) and Faf du Plessis (96). In the last over of RCB’s innings, Jason gave 4 runs and also took 1 wicket.
Read Here: Latest Sports News
- Holder has taken 11 wickets in 5 matches against RCB since 2018.
- In the last 5 overs, Bengaluru scored 51 runs for the loss of 2 wickets.
- Dinesh Karthik returned unbeaten on 13 runs in 8 balls.
- Faf and Karthik added 49 runs in 27 balls for the sixth wicket.
- Dushmanth Chamira took 2 wickets for 31 runs in 3 overs.
Faf Missed a Century
RCB’s innings looked to be in trouble after Virat Kohli and Glenn Maxwell lost crucial wickets cheaply. Meanwhile, captain Faf du Plessis not only kept his peg on the wicket, but also completed his half-century in 40 balls. He played a blistering innings of 96 runs in 64 balls. Faf’s wicket came into the account of the holder and Stoinis caught his catch at deep square leg. Lucknow vs Bangalore.
- Du Plessis was dismissed for the second time in the IPL for 96.
- This was the 100th innings of Faf du Plessis in IPL.
- This was Faf’s 24th and second half-century as a captain in the IPL.
- This is Du Plessis’ second fifty while playing for RCB.
- This season he has scored 215 runs at an average of 35.83.
- Faf scored 50+ for the 50th time in T20 cricket.
See Here: Trending Songs
Virat Kohli Out for Zero
Former RCB captain Virat Kohli returned to the pavilion after being dismissed for a golden duck (1st ball). Dushmanth Chamira bowls a back off length delivery outside the off stump. Kohli went to cut the ball, but at backward point, Deepak Dudda jumped in the air and caught Kamak. After the wicket of Kohli, the entire Lucknow team erupted with joy.
- Virat got out on a golden duck for the fourth time in the IPL.
- Kohli got out for zero overall for the 7th time in the IPL.
- This season he has scored only 119 runs in 7 innings at a simple average of 19.83.
Both Team Playing XI:
RCB: Faf du Plessis (c), Anuj Rawat, Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, Shahbaz Ahmed, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Suyash Prabhudesai, Wanindu Hasranga, Harshal Patel, Josh Hazlewood, Mohammad Siraj.
LSG: KL Rahul (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Manish Pandey, Deepak Hooda, Marcus Stoinis, Ayush Badoni, Jason Holder, Krunal Pandya, Dushmanth Chamera, Avesh Khan, Ravi Bishnoi.