Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) has won the first match of IPL-15. KKR defeated Chennai Super Kings (CSK) by 6 wickets in the match played at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Saturday. The target of 131 runs was achieved by KKR in the 19th over. KKR Beat CSK in First Match of IPL.
The captains of both the teams are new. CSK is being captained by Jadeja in place of Dhoni, who looked troubled under pressure during the match. On the other hand, KKR’s captain Shreyas Iyer looked in control at every opportunity till the victory.
See Here: Trending Songs
Match Win Stars
- Super Striker of the Match – Robin Uthappa (28 runs)
- Game changer of the match – Dwayne Bravo (3 wickets)
- Crack It Six – Robin Uthappa (2 Six)
- Power player- Umesh Yadav (2 wickets)
- Fastest Delivery of the Match – Umesh Yadav (142.4 KMPH)
- Force of the Match – MS Dhoni (7 fours)
- Man of the Match – Umesh Yadav
Dhoni handled CSK’s innings with a fifty and reached the total of 131. This is his first IPL fifty after 2019. Umesh bowled a stormy bowling for KKR and sent the openers to the pavilion. He also bowled the fastest ball of 142 in this match. Rahane, who played an innings of 44 runs for KKR, ensured victory. Bravo was the most successful for CSK and took 3 wickets.
Read Here: Latest Sports News
Jadeja Lose Opening Match as captain
- His captaincy debut was nothing special for Ravindra Jadeja. Half of Sir Jadeja’s team returned to the pavilion after scoring only 61 runs.
- When Dhoni played his first IPL match in 2008, he won the toss. At the same time, Ravindra Jadeja lost his first toss as captain.
- Chennai’s top order flopped badly in the very first match. Rituraj Gaikwad (0), Ambati Rayudu (15), Robin Uthappa (28), Devon Conway (3) were out for runs.
- Till 13 overs, the score of Chennai Super Kings was 5 for 66. The team’s run rate was 5.07.
- Rayudu got life. Varun’s ball hit the stumps but did not get out if the bails did not fall. However, when Jadeja came to bat, there was confusion in the run. Rayudu was out due to Jadeja’s mistake.
- Could not show any miracle in bowling too. Gave up 25 runs in 4 overs and could not take any wicket.
Dhoni’s Fifty Came After 28 Innings
Dhoni’s Fifty after 28 Innings Former Chennai captain MS Dhoni scored a fifty in IPL after 28 innings and 3 seasons. He played an unbeaten 50 off 38 balls. Earlier in the IPL, Dhoni had scored his last fifty in the 2019 season against Royal Challengers Bangalore. Then Dhoni scored an unbeaten 84 off 48 balls. KKR Beat CSK.
Playing XI of Both Teams
CSK: Rituraj Gaikwad, Devon Conway, Robin Uthappa, Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja (c), Shivam Dubey, MS Dhoni (wk), Dwayne Bravo, Mitchell Santner, Adam Milne, Tushar Deshpande.
KKR: Venkatesh Iyer, Ajinkya Rahane, Shreyas Iyer (c), Nitish Rana, Sam Billings (wk), Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Sheldon Jackson, Umesh Yadav, Shivam Mavi, Varun Chakraborty.