India vs Sri Lanka 2nd ODI Live: India beat Sri Lanka by 3 wickets in 2nd ODI. Sri Lankan team failed in front of Deepak Chahar Special. India had lost 7 wickets for 193 runs at one point. It looked like the team would lose. But after this Deepak and Bhuvneshwar Kumar took the lead and shared an unbeaten 84 runs in 84 balls.
During this, Deepak made his first international fifty. He remained unbeaten on 69 off 82 balls. At the same time, Bhuvneshwar played him well and remained not out after scoring 19 runs in 28 balls. Apart from this, Suryakumar Yadav played an innings of 53 runs.
Team India has also won the series with this. The team currently has an unassailable 2-0 lead. This is India’s 9th consecutive bilateral series win against Sri Lanka. The last match of the series will be played on 23 July.
India Overtakes Pakistan
At the same time, India overtook Pakistan in terms of winning the most ODIs against Sri Lanka. Team India has won 93 matches out of 161 matches against Sri Lanka. At the same time, Pakistan has defeated Sri Lanka 92 times in 155 matches.
Suryakumar Yadav was dismissed after scoring 53 runs in 44 balls. He was done LBW by symptom analysis. Suryakumar made his first fifty in his second ODI match. In the last ODI, he was not out after scoring 31 runs. Earlier in March, Suryakumar had scored the first fifty of this format in his second T20 match (against England). India vs Sri Lanka 2nd ODI.
Read Here: Latest Sports News
Batting first after winning the toss, Sri Lanka scored 275 for 9 in 50 overs thanks to Fifties from Avishka Fernando and Charith Aslanka. Avishka scored 50 runs and Aslanka scored 65 runs. This was the first fifty of Aslanka’s international career.
Apart from this, Chamika Karunaratne once again played an important unbeaten innings of 44 runs in 33 balls in the last. In the first ODI too, Karunaratne finally scored an unbeaten 43 off 35 balls. Yuzvendra Chahal and Bhuvneshwar Kumar were the most successful bowlers for India. He took 3-3 wickets. Apart from this, Deepak Chahar got 2 wickets.
Chahal Took 2 Wickets in 2 Consecutive Balls
- Avishka and Minod Bhanuka gave the Sri Lankan team a quick start. Both of them did not let a single wicket fall for 13 overs. Minod played an innings of 36 runs off 42 balls. There was a partnership of 77 runs for the first wicket between him and Avishka.
- After this, Yuzvendra Chahal gave the Sri Lankan team two blows in two consecutive balls in the 14th over. He got Minod caught by Manish Pandey on the second ball of the 14th over. After this, on the third ball, Bhanuka Rajapaksa (0) was caught by wicketkeeper Ishan Kishan.
- As soon as 2 wickets fell, Avishka along with vice-captain Dhananjay tried to handle the innings. Both of them shared a 47-run partnership for the third wicket. During this, Avishka scored the fourth fifty of ODI career.
See Here: Trending Songs
- After this, the middle order of Sri Lanka once again faltered. The team lost 2 wickets in the form of Avishka Fernando and Dhananjay de Silva within 10 runs.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar broke the partnership of Avishka-Dhananjay. He got Avishka caught by Krunal Pandya on a total score of 124 runs. Avishka scored 50 runs in 71 balls.
- After this Dhananjay also lost the wicket on a bad shot. Deepak Chahar gave Sri Lanka the fourth blow on the total score of 134 runs. He got Dhananjay caught by Shikhar Dhawan. He could score 32 runs in 45 balls.
- Yuzvendra Chahal gave the fifth blow to Sri Lanka. He clean bowled captain Dasun Shanaka. He could score 16 runs in 24 balls. At the same time, Deepak clean bowled Wanindu Hasaranga (8 runs).
- After this, Aslanka and Karunaratne shared a 50-run partnership for the 7th wicket. Aslanka got out after scoring 65 off 68 balls. Bhuvneshwar got him caught by substitute fielder Devdutt Padikkal.
- Dushmantha Chamira (2 runs) was also caught by Bhuvneshwar at the hands of Padikkal. Laksh Sandakan was run out on 0. He was run out by Ishan Kishan. Sri Lanka scored 46 runs in the last 5 overs and lost 1 wicket.
Bhuvneshwar Bowls First no Ball in 6 Years
Fast bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar bowled a no ball in the 5th over of Sri Lanka’s innings. This is his first no ball since October 2015. However, Bhanuka could not score any runs on the free-hit.
Manish Drops the Catch of Bhanuka
Deepak Chahar was bowling the second over during Sri Lanka’s innings. On the last ball of this over, Manish Pandey dropped the catch of Bhanuka at slip. At that time he was batting after scoring 4 runs.
Both Team Playing XI
India: Shikhar Dhawan (captain), Prithvi Shaw, Suryakumar Yadav, Manish Pandey, Ishan Kishan (wicketkeeper), Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal.
Sri Lanka: Dasun Shanaka (captain), Avishka Fernando, Minod Bhanuka (wicketkeeper), Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Aslanka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Kasun Rajitha, Chamika Karunaratne, Dushmantha Chamira, Lakshan Sandakan