England Beat Pakistan In Thrilling Final: England has become the first double-world champion in cricket history. The England team has won the T20 World Cup title for the second time by defeating Pakistan by 5 wickets in the final played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Sunday. England also currently has the ODI World Cup title. For the first time, a team has the world title of both ODI and T20 simultaneously.
Batting first after losing the toss in the final, the Pakistan team could score only 137 runs in 20 overs for the loss of 8 wickets. In response, England achieved the target by losing 5 wickets in 19 overs. Ben Stokes scored the highest 52 not out for England. Haris Rouse took 2 wickets for Pakistan.
England Innings Highlights
- Shaheen Shah Afridi clean bowled Alex Hales in the first over itself after scoring 1 run.
- Phil Salt scored 10 runs in 9 balls and was dismissed by Haris Rauf.
- Jos Buttler got off to a good start but was dismissed after scoring 26 runs in 17 balls.
- Harry Brook was dismissed by Shadab Khan after scoring 23 runs in 20 balls, his catch was taken by Shaheen Afridi.
Shan Masood scored 38 runs for Pakistan. He faced 28 balls. At the same time, 32 runs came in 28 balls from Babar Azam’s bat. Sam Curran took the highest 3 wickets for England. Adil Rashid got 2 successes.
Pakistan Innings Highlights
- The first boundary came from Pakistan in the fourth over. Mohammad Rizwan hit a six off Chris Woakes.
- After this, he got bowled on the ball of Sam Karan after scoring 15 runs. Mohammad Haris also could not do much in the final match and was dismissed after scoring 8 runs in 12 balls.
- Babar Azam was dismissed after scoring 32 runs in 28 balls. He was dismissed by Adil Rashid on the first ball of the 12th over. Rashid bowled this over maiden. Livingstone had given 16 runs in the previous over.
- Iftikhar Khan, who was in excellent form throughout the World Cup, was dismissed after scoring zero in 6 balls. His wicket was taken by Ben Stokes.
- Shan Masood got a good start but could not convert it into a big inning. He was dismissed by Sam Curran after scoring 38 runs in 28 balls.
Stokes Gave Victory with a Half Century
Moeen was dismissed after scoring 19 runs in 13 balls. After this, Stokes along with Liam Livingstone made the team the champion. Stokes hit five fours and a six in his 52-run knock. Haris Rauf took the highest two wickets for Pakistan. At the same time, Shaheen Afridi, Shadab Khan, and Wasim Jr got one wicket each. England Beat Pakistan In Thrilling Final.
Playing XI of Both Teams
Pakistan – Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Haris, Shan Masood, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Wasim Jr., Shaheen Shah Afridi, Naseem Shah, and Haris Rauf.
England – Jos Buttler, Alex Hales, Phil Salt, Ben Stokes, Harry Brook, Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Sam Karan, Chris Jordan, and Adil Rashid.
What is Android?