Afghanistan vs Namibia: Afghanistan defeated Namibia by 62 runs in the 27th match of T20 WC to give a memorable farewell to former captain Asghar Afghan. Asghar Afghan announced his retirement from international cricket on the previous day. Today he played the last match of his career against Namibia and ended his memorable career with a win.
Playing first after winning the toss, AFG team scored 160/5. Mohammad Shahzad 45 was the top scorer. Ruben Trumpelman and Lofti Eaton took 2 wickets each for Namibia. Chasing a target of 161 runs, Namibia could manage only 98 runs for the loss of 9 wickets in 20 overs and lost the match. With the loss, Namibia is also out of the race for the semi-finals.
Afghan team scored 160 runs, in response to which Namibia’s team could only score 98 runs. With this, Afghanistan won the match by 62 runs. India and New Zealand’s troubles have increased with this victory of Afghanistan.
Read Here: Latest Sports News
- Naveen-ul-Haq gave the first blow to Namibia. Craig Williams out for a run.
- Michael van Lingen departs after scoring 11 runs. Naveen ul Haq got the second success.
- Lofty-Eaton returned to the pavilion after scoring 14 runs. Gulabdin took the wicket.
- Jane Green became the victim of Rashid Khan by scoring a run.
- Captain Erasmus also got out after scoring 12 runs. Hamid gets the wicket.
Electing to bat after winning the toss, Afghanistan scored 160 runs on the basis of wicketkeeper Mohammad Shahzad (45) and captain Nabi (32). Ruben Trumpelman and Lofty-Eaton took two wickets each for Namibia. The Afghanistan team has shown that they cannot be taken lightly. He has a world class spin attack.
- Hazratullah Zazai departs after scoring 33 runs off 27 balls. Smit gets the wicket.
- Gurbaz returned to the pavilion after scoring four runs. Lofty-Eaton dismissed.
- Reuben Trumpelman dismissed Mohammad Shahzad. He scored 45 runs in 33 balls.
- Lofty-Eaton took the second wicket. Najibullah departs after scoring seven runs.
- Asghar Afghan departs after scoring 31 off 23 balls. Ruben Trumpelman gets the wicket.
Afghanistan Still in The Top-4 Race
This was Afghanistan’s second win in the three matches of Sup-12. The team had defeated Scotland by 130 runs in their first match. However, in the second match, the team had to face defeat by 5 wickets against Pakistan. With four points from three matches, the team is at the second place in the points table and the team still has the hope of reaching the semi-finals. However, with the victory of the Afghan team, the competition has now increased for Team India to make it to the top-4. Afghanistan vs Namibia.
See Here: Trending Songs
Asghar Illustrious Career
Asghar Afghan was one of the legends of Afghanistan. When Afghanistan played their first ODI in 2009, Asghar was also a member of the team. Asghar was also the team’s first Test captain. In the last match against Namibia, he played a useful innings of 31 runs off 23 balls. After the end of the match, Asghar became emotional and was seen crying while hugging fellow players.
Both Team Playing XI
Afghanistan: Mohammad Nabi (Captain), Hazratullah Zazai, Mohammad Shahzad, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Najibullah Zadran, Asghar Afghan, Gulbadin Naib, Rashid Khan, Karim Janat, Naveen-ul-Haq, Hamid Hassan.
Namibia: Gerhard Erasmus (captain), Craig Williams, Jane Green, David Wiese, Michael van Lingen, JJ Smit, Jan Frylink, Pikki or France, Jan Nicole Lofty-Eaton, Ruben Trumpelman, Bernard Scholtz.