Maharashtra Government Formation: There was a big political upset in Maharashtra on Saturday. The state imposed President’s rule on November 12, at 5:47 am. Then at 8 am, Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari administered the oath of office to BJP’s Devendra Fadnavis as Chief Minister and Sharad Pawar’s nephew Ajit Pawar as Deputy Chief Minister. There was an alliance between BJP and Ajit Pawar faction on Friday midnight. After the swearing in of both, the BJP and Ajit Pawar had an upper hand all day, but later things changed. NCP chief Sharad Pawar called a meeting of party legislators in the evening. In this, 50 of the 54 MLAs of the party reached. Among them were 7 MLAs, including Dhananjay Munde, who accompanied Ajit Pawar at the Raj Bhavan in the morning. Due to this, Ajit Pawar’s pan was weak. He may resign from the post of Deputy Chief Minister. On the other hand, the joint petition of Shiv Sena, Congress and NCP will be heard in the Supreme Court at 11:30 am on Sunday. Opposition parties demanded floor test in 24 hours to stop the sale of MLAs.
Read Here: Latest News
- The NCP convened a meeting at the YV Chavan Center headed by Sharad Pawar. Only 4 MLAs, including Ajit Pawar, did not arrive. NCP removed Ajit from the post of Legislature Party leader. NCP replaced Jayant Patil as Leader of the Legislative Party. The party has kept all its MLAs in a hotel in Mumbai.
- Earlier, NCP MP Sunil Tatkare and two other MLAs arrived to convince Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, but had to return empty-handed. Ajit was at the residence of his brother Srinivas. Security is tight here.
- Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray held a meeting with party MLAs at Hotel Lalit in the evening. Thackeray said that the government will be made by us, the Chief Minister will belong to Shiv Sena. He appealed to his legislators to maintain peace.
- Writ Petition Abhishek Manu Singhvi will represent the Supreme Court on behalf of Congress-Shiv Sena-NCP. He was in Gujarat, from where he left for Delhi. Congress leader Randeep Surjewala, who reached the Supreme Court, said – The three parties have filed a petition against swearing in. The Chief Justice will decide the hearing on this. We have asked them to dissolve this illegitimate government.
- In the petition, the three parties have demanded the Supreme Court to hear the petition immediately and issue instructions for conducting floor tests in 24 hours. However, the Supreme Court registry refused to accept the demand for a speedy hearing. After this, the petitioners also have the option to apply before the Secretary General of the Supreme Court. Chief Justice SA Bobde is not yet in Delhi. They can decide on the demand for a speedy hearing.
Pawar Said- We did not know that Ajit would take such a step
Earlier, Shiv Sena and NCP held a joint press conference in the afternoon. Sharad Pawar said that none of our MLAs have supported the BJP. Even NCP MLAs who went to Raj Bhavan did not know that Ajit Pawar would take such a step and would become Deputy Chief Minister. On Ajit Pawar’s departure with BJP, Sharad Pawar said that this is his personal decision, NCP has nothing to do with it. Pawar’s daughter Supriya Sule tweeted – both party and family broken. Maharashtra Government Formation.
Maharashtra Governor Reaches Delhi
At the same time, Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari reached Delhi on Saturday evening, after Devendra Fadnavis was sworn in as Chief Minister. He will participate in the Governors Conference to be held in Rashtrapati Bhavan. Now Governor Bhagat Singh Koshiyari will leave for Mumbai on Monday.