- Metro train service is closed since March due to Corona, exemption to start from September 7
- Passengers will be able to buy masks at the station, it will be mandatory to wear masks
The government today released guidelines for the Metro Services between Corona starting on 7 September. The important thing is that the metro service in Delhi will run in two shifts a day. It will be launched in three phases. There will be a break of 5 hours in between, during which sanitization work will be done. The metro will not stop at the station where social distancing will not be followed.
The journey will be through smart card only and not through token. Payment for smart card will be cashless or online. There will be no cash facility for this. Metro service has been closed since March due to Corona. Last week, the Ministry of Home Affairs, while releasing the guidelines for Unlock-4, announced a waiver to start the metro in Phase Manner from September 7.
On Tuesday, Durga Shankar Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Urban Affairs, had a discussion with the managing directors of metro companies. Meanwhile, the Maharashtra government has decided not to run the metro in September. According to the state government, Mumbai Lane-1 and Maha Metro can be started from October. It will be decided later. Metro Services.
Guidelines for Delhi Metro Services
- Initially, only a few gates of the metro station will be open. There will be entry from one gate and exit from the other.
- Only smart cards will be able to travel. There will be cashless transaction. Online transaction will be allowed for this.
- Passengers have to follow rules like face masks and social distancing.
- Metro stations coming into the Containment Zone will remain closed for the time being.
- Passengers will be able to get masks by paying at the station. It will be mandatory to wear a mask during the journey.
- Marking will have to be done inside the station and train for social distancing.
- Travelers have been advised to travel with a minimum of luggage.
- Only asymptomatic people will be allowed to travel after thermal scanning at the entry point.
- Symptomatic people will be advised to go to the nearby Covid Care Center or Hospital. The Arogya Setu app also needs to be encouraged to use.
- From September 7, metro trains will start in different phases.
- Everyone has to have social distancing.
- One-third people are allowed to sit in a 6-coach train.
- Everyone will have thermal checking at the entry gate.
- Only e-tickets will be issued to passengers.
- From September 7, trains will start running on the tracks.
- Train and station will be sanitized continuously.
- The doors will be kept open for longer hours at the station for ventilation in the train.
- Fresh air will be given more and more.
- Everyone has to have social distancing.
- Social distancing must be followed at the station and train.
- A coach can seat a maximum of 50 people.
- The last train will run at 10 pm.
- During the journey, passengers will not be able to sit on the Red Cross seat.
- It will be mandatory for the traveler to wear a mask.
- Thermal screening at the entry point will be investigated.
- The temperature of AC will be kept between 24 and 28 degrees.
- You have to use the ladder instead of the lift.
- Hand sanitization has to be done at the entry gate.
- From September 8, the metro train will be run in different phases.
- All have to download the Arogya Setu app before entry in the metro station.
- Token will not be arranged. Those who already have smart cards will be able to travel.
- The new smart card will not be issued at the moment.
- Smart cards can be recharged online. Those who are unable to do online will be able to recharge at the counter.
- Kochi metro trains will run every 20 minutes.
- First train will be received at 7 am and last at 8 pm.
- There will be at least 20 second stoppage of the train at every station for proper ventilation.
- The train will stop at least 5 minutes at the terminating station and in the meantime the train door will remain open.
- Metro trains will start running from 7 September.
- Only three people will be allowed to sit on a 7 seater bench in a coach.
- Only 4 people will be allowed to use escalator at a time.
- All will be screened through thermal screening before entry into the metro station.
- Everyone has to sanitize hands at the time of entry.
- Metro trains will run every 10 minutes at peak time while every 15 minutes at non-peak time.
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited has provided foot operated lift. This will not press the elevator button.