National Film Awards 2021: The 67th National Film Awards were announced on Monday. Meanwhile, films released in 2019 were honored. Sushant Singh Rajput, directed by Nitesh Tiwari, Shraddha Kapoor starrer ‘Chichhore’ was adjudged the Best Hindi Film. Kangana Runot won Best Actress Award for ‘Manikarnika’ and ‘Panga’. This is the fourth National Award in her career, before which she was awarded for Best Supporting Actress for ‘Fashion’ (2008), Best Actress for ‘Queen’ (2014) and Dutt for ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015). Best actress award has been received.
Read Here: Latest Sports News
Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s film ‘Chichhore’ has been declared the best Hindi feature film. Shishdha Kapoor, Varun Sharma, Tahir Raj Bhasin played the lead roles along with Sushant in the Chhichhore directed Nitesh Tiwari. The film was released in 2019. This film gives the message of never giving up in life in a very entertaining way. The best feature film Malayalam’s ‘Marakkad Arabikkadalinte Singham’ was directed by Priyadarshan, while it was produced by Ashirwad Cinemas.
Read Here: Latest Technical Updates
Best actors shared were Manoj Bajpayee and Dhanush. Manoj is being given this award for ‘Bhonsle’ and Dhanush for ‘Asuran’. This is the third National Film Award by Manoj Bajpayee. Earlier, he was given the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for ‘Satya’. At the same time, Manoj Bajpayee was given the Special Jury Award for acting in ‘Pinjar’. Tamil actor Dhanush also has a fourth appearance at the National Film Awards. Dhanush has won the Best Actor Award in 2010 for Adukalam. He then went on to reach the National Awards as co-producer in 2014 and 2015. National Film Awards 2021.
Feature Film Category Awards
- Best feature film – ‘Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham’ (Malayalam)
- Best Actress – Kangana Ranaut for Manikarnika and Panga
- Top Hindi Film – Chichhore (Best Hindi Film Award for Chichhore starring Sushant Singh Rajput)
- Best Actor – Manoj Bajpayee for Hindi film Bhonsle and Dhanush for Asuran (Tamil) jointly.
- Best Mail Playback Singer – Kesari – Teri Mitti – B Praak
- Top Supporting Actress – Pallavi Joshi (For Tashkent Files)
- Best Director – Sanjay Puran Singh Chauhan for seventy-two hurray.
- Special Mention – Biryani, Jonaki Porua, Lata Bhagavan Cara, Picasso.
- Best Screen Play (Dialogue Writer) – Vivek Ranjan Agnihotri, Tashkent File for Film
- Best Children’s Film – Hindi film Kasturi.
See Here: Trending Songs
Awards were postponed because of Corona
The event has been held at the National Media Center, where the announcement of the National Film Awards has begun. Full information about this has been shared on PIB’s social media account. These ceremonies were earlier postponed due to the Corona epidemic. Today the awards are being announced for the films made in 2019.
Announced to be in 2020
The 67th National Film Awards were to be announced on May 3, 2020, the first year. But it had to be postponed due to the situation arising out of the Corona epidemic. Let us know that the last entry for the awards was kept till 17 February 2020. In the criterion that has been kept for this, the films that have been certified by the Central Board of Film Certification from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019, are the entries for distribution of awards.