The last date for linking PAN number with Aadhaar has been extended. If you have not linked your PAN number with Aadhaar then now is your chance. It is mandatory to link PAN-Aadhaar with each other. Otherwise, the PAN card will be invalidated. If you have linked, then check its status (PAN-Aadhaar link status) also once. Because, the status can be checked online. How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Card Online.
PAN Card Can be Invalid
If you have not yet linked your PAN card with Aadhaar, then you may face a lot of trouble. Your PAN will be considered invalid under Section 139AA of the Income Tax Act. If the PAN card is not linked, you will not be able to file ITR online from the next time. Your tax refund may get stuck. PAN card will be considered invalid.
See Here: Trending Songs
How to Link PAN with Aadhaar
- To link PAN-Aadhaar, visit the Income Tax e-filing website.
- On the left side of the site page, you will get the option of Quick Links. Here you have to click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option.
- Here you have to enter your PAN, Aadhar number and name. After giving this information, an OTP will be sent to you.
- After entering the OTP, your Aadhaar and PAN will be linked.
- Keep in mind that the Income Tax Department crosschecks your details whether your Aadhaar and PAN information is valid or not.
Read Here: Latest Sports News
Link your PAN Card Through SMS
You can also link Aadhaar with PAN card from mobile. You have to link Aadhaar with your PAN through SMS. The Income Tax Department said that Aadhaar can be linked with PAN by sending SMS to 567678 or 56161. How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Card.
How to check PAN-Aadhaar Link Status
- First of all go to the Income Tax Department’s eFiling website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Go to the ‘Quick links’ head at the top and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- After this a new page will open on the screen.
- At the top of this page, there will be a hyperlink which will be written in English, you have already requested to link Aadhaar, so click here to know the status.
- After clicking on this hyper link, you will have to enter your PAN and Aadhaar details.
- Click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’. In its result, you will know whether PAN is linked with your Aadhaar or not.