Indian Railway News: Now rail passengers will be able to book more tickets online. Railway Ministry said, the number of IRCTC users whose login ID is not linked with Aadhaar, the number of online tickets booked in a month has been increased from 6 to 12. The maximum ticket book number for customers with Aadhaar linked user ID has been increased from 12 to 24. This facility is very beneficial for those people who are frequent travellers. Along with this, those people will also benefit who use the same ID for booking tickets for all the family members.
Process to link ID with Aadhaar
1. Visit the official e-ticketing website of IRCTC, irctc.co.in.
2. Enter User ID and Password to login.
3. Click on ‘Aadhaar KYC’ in the ‘My Account section’ on the home page.
4. Now enter your Aadhaar number and click on ‘Send OTP’.
5. OTP will come on the number registered with Aadhar card.
6. After entering the OTP and viewing the details related to Aadhaar, click on ‘Verify’.
7. Now a message will be received on your mobile that the KYC details have been successfully updated.
IRCTC has Increased the Booking Limit
As you know that in today’s time Aadhar card has become a very important document. If you have linked your Aadhaar with IRCTC account, then now you can book 24 tickets in a month.
Order likely to be Implemented in Next 3-4 Days
After making some changes in the IRCTC portal, this order is likely to be implemented in the next 3-4 days. Currently, around 80% of tickets booked are online. The target of the Railways is to increase it to reach beyond 90%. IRCTC is the only authorized unit of Indian Railways for online booking of railway tickets. Not only this, IRCTC is the only unit authorized under the Catering Policy 2017 to manage the catering services at railway stations. Indian Railway News. Read Here: Latest Sports News.